APP DEVELOPMENT VS WEB DEVELOPMENT
At a glance, App development vs Web development for developing applications. App development means developing windows based application while Web development means developing web-based applications. Both are created based on a standard set of rules for software and web designing to make applications more secure, reliable and with better performance.
Application development is the name of the process of creating software or applications in computer coded and specific programming language. However, Web development is the word used for the process of creating web applications or websites that needs to get hosted.
It is a process of developing application by writing maintainable code. Creating, planning, reusing, research and development, making things simple, broader usage, or else are the job of application development.
- Application development allows the product to have features which have been planned and demanded for the computer software. This development is close to desktop application, which requires developer to have a specific knowledge about client requirements, programming language, and end user’s usage.
- Application development based on the software development life cycle (SDLC). SDLC including many stages that are: 1. Requirement Analysis and Planning. 2. Requirement defining. 3. Designing Requirements. 4. The building of Application or Coding 5. Testing of Application 5. Implementation. 6. Deployment and Maintenance.
- Application Development follows different methodologies for building the software or developing process that are Waterfall model, Iterative model, Spiral Model, Agile methodology, prototype model, rapid application development, DevOps, etc.
Client-side scripting, Server-side scripting, and database scripting is functions of the web development.
- The web development contains other work such as content management, web designing, security, etc. Specifically, he jobs of a web development engineer are web developer, full-stack web developer, front-end developer, UI developer, back-end developer.
- Web development based on the web development life cycle (which is similar to SDLC). Additionally, the phases of web development are: 1. Requirement gathering (Purpose, Goal, and audience) 2. Planning (Workflow creation) 3. Designing (Site page designing) 4. Content Management or writing 5. Coding (building website) 6. Testing 7. Deployment, hosting, and maintainability.
- Web development also have different methodologies to build or develop applications like Agile methodology. The development is the process of breaking big tasks into small and checking the continuous progress from beginning to end to design the web application.
Key differences between App Development vs Web Development:
Here are the obvious differences between App Development vs Web Development
- Software developed applications mainly perform better in gaming, file-handling. On the contrary, Web developed applications perform better in data centralization or multi-user.
- Obviously, a change of Interface is the key difference of App Development vs Web Development.
- In application development, customization has limitations, meanwhile web developed applications have a wider range of customization.
- In app development, we should develop screen with static content. On the other hand, web development manages static pages as well as dynamic web content.
- Software developed applications can be used in specific machine in which it has been installed. Whereas, Web developed application can be accessed from any system as it has been deployed to server and easily accessible with help of domain.
- Software developed application does not need more security but web developed application requires more security from virus, malware and data hackers.
- Software developed applications are not stateless. In contrast, Web developed applications are mainly stateless.
- In app development, there are certain limitations on using technologies.
To sum up, App development vs Web development are both used for developing applications but they use different methodologies to check or keep the track of the progress of development. In conclusion, the main focus is logical writing for the screen rather than loading UI, data to controls is in app development. web development, front-end development is the topmost priority as to make the web application more attractive or interesting.