Our customer is a shopping mall and has recently added free luggage storage & locker facility for mall visitors. They purchased an automatic e-locker solution from a third-party and wanted to integrate this functionality into their developed mobile app for shoppers.
CO-WELL Asia integrated the e-locker feature into existing mobile applications for shopping at the mall. With this feature, shoppers could easily access the app, select lockers by size, and set storage times. The application would output a QR code. There would be a device in each locker for shoppers to scan, open the closet and store their baggage.
Our customer is a major shopping mall chain. Touch screens are located on every floor in their center. Our customer wanted to build an application using these screens so that mall visitors can look up the floor map, view promotions and upcoming events at the mall.
CO-WELL ASIA developed an application for mall visitors to look up maps and information on touch screens. All the data was centrally managed in the shopping mall’s website backend, making it easy for administrators to update displayed content.
Our customer is an Internet service provider. They developed a system to manage information about problems. With this system, when a problem occurs (eg: server error) or maintenance takes place, the operator will send notifications to the customer via sms or mobile push notification. This system was built 10 years ago on a self-developed PHP framework, using on-premises data storage. The customer wanted to migrate the system using Symfony framework and move all the databases from on-premises to cloud computing.
CO-WELL Asia has read to understand all system documents and redevelop the system using Symfony – a more up-to-date and long-term framework. In addition, CO-WELL performed moving all the applications and databases from the corporate’s on-premise server to the cloud. The moving could cut down on hardware costs, server management personnel, and be more flexible in sharing data with the team.
Our customer is a medicine company and on their digital transformation process by integration of digital technology into their internal management. They wanted to build new systems to support medicine research, optimize resources and improve working productivity.
To boost this transformation process, the customer wanted to use Agile model in building digital systems.
CO-WELL’s team communicated with the customers to learn their requirements and developed apps/ systems for various purposes: automatically edit text, images, videos, audios; translate documents. Especially, we applied Agile model in the software development process. Thus, CO-WELL’s team quickly completed apps/ systems that met the customer’s requirements. The process included 3 steps:
1. Build demo products from ideas (PoC: Proof of Concept) and build system infrastructure
2. Switch the systems from testing to official running, using DevOpSec approach (Development, Operation, Security): continuously develop, manage the operation of the systems, strictly secure
3. Use Agile development method to keep improving the system. CO-WELL not only participated in programming, but also in the whole process, from consulting, setting up working processes to managing and guiding.
Our customer is a digital solutions provider. One of their services is providing SNS Marketing tools. These tools are used to simplify ad campaign creating process on social media channels (Facebook, Instagram) and optimize the campaign budget.
CO-WELL created Facebook advertising tool (exclusively for the Japanese market) on the webite version (mobile responsiveness is ensured). 3 steps of ads setting procedure were simplified, making it easier to use. The tool is linked with Facebook API to help users see the effectiveness of their campaigns. CO-WELL also continuously updated tool features (discounts on high-spending customers, setting up trial packages …) on customer’s demand.
CO-WELL Asia used AWS to build a cloud server, migrated all applications and databases from corporate server to the cloud. The migration can cut down on hardware costs, server management personnel, and be more flexible in sharing data with the project team.
Alteryx is a self-service analytics tool which helps business users to build their data workflows by quickly blending and preparing the data. In the past, our customer company will have to download the installers to the server and then manually install to use them. In order to save hardware and personnel costs, customers want to move the entire application to the cloud computing.
Our customer was using another company’s human resource management platform. Due to the limitations of this platform, it was not easy to modify the interface and functions as desired. As a result, the customer wanted to build a new one that is more user-friendly and can be easily customized or maintained in the future.
CO-WELL Asia built a new human resource management system based on our Core HRM platform. We also customized the system and added a number of features to suit the needs of the customer, making the recruitment process faster and more convenient, such as:
Realizing that the application of 4.0 technology in education was still limited, as well as owning the strength of owning a diverse collection of digital books and reference textbooks, our customer wanted to invest more in this field.
The customer wanted to build a tool for publishing e-books/lectures, wishing to implement the new learning model for schools.
Having understood the needs of customers, CO-WELL Asia has built a system for creating e-books and e-lectures based on WPF technology. The main function of this system is to digitize the content of diverse subjects, which are supplied from an existing database and compiled into e-books through the manipulation of text, images, video and inserting motion effects, which is quite similar to powerpoint.
In addition, this system has a number of advanced functions such as:
This Japan-based game publisher and developer sought to publish their game to a new foreign market in the most cost-effective way.
As an alternative to developing a new version of the game for the foreign market, CO-WELL Asia created APIs that connect the domestic version of the game to the foreign server. This minimized the scope of work required to publish the game to the foreign market.
This customer is an industrial equipment manufacturer. They developed a product to take measurements on factory production lines to check manufacturing accuracy. To manage the measurement device, the customer required a desktop application. The application communicates with the device, providing visibility of the measurements from the production line and sounding alerts when parameters are exceeded.
CO-WELL developed a desktop applications to communicate with the measurement device, facilitating:
This customer required a streamlined system to facilitate internal businesses management training.
CO-WELL developed an internal training management system that includes:
A user page for company employees to:
An admin page for managers and the training department to:
This automobile manufacturer needs to determine the value of used vehicles that buyers want to resell. A vehicle log management system was required to assist in the evaluation process by storing all available information about the vehicle, including its history.
CO-WELL built a system to manage vehicle information, including:
A user page for employees:
An admin page:
Employees receive a lot of namecards when meeting with partners. Customer company wanted to build a system so that all employees in the company can share and manage the information of these name cards.
CO-WELL developed a name card management system:
+ When users take photos of the name cards, OCR technology will convert images of text into machine-encoded text and upload information on the system.
+ Users can take photos of multiple name cards at the same time, the application can recognize and divide on different pieces of information.
+ For all employees to access, search and view information of partners/ customers whose namecard has been stored on the system. Besides, it is possible for employees to request edition of the uploaded information.
+ Edit name card information.
+ Analyze information of the namecard to finalize the exact information (in case the namecard is uploaded more than once, or the information of the namecard holder changes over time)
+ Approve/ Decline when there are information correction inquiries from company staff.
The customer is a software development company. Therefore, the manager will have to execute planning and division of human resources appropriately to avoid misspend of productivity and capacity. However, due to a large and diverse number of employees and projects, the allocation of resources has not been effective. Therefore, the customer needed to build a stricter resource management system.
CO-WELL Asia has built a resource management system with the following main functions:
The customer already has a CMS system. However, this system is using outdated technology that no longer meets the work requirements. Therefore, they need a full-package deployment unit upgrading the front-end and back-end to ensure the system operates effectively.
– Customer’s system had difficulty in managing daily transactions, orders, number of visitors and customers classification.
– Since the customer system used the old programming language (vb.NET), the code used for that system was cumbersome so it was difficult to efficiently transfer the work to new personnel.
– Upgraded the old system to a new one, developed more functions to solve customer problems.
– Developed a new system with an updated and higher legacy programming language (Ruby on Rails) based on the old system’s functionality.
In the process of selling vehicles, the customer needed to collect information from buyers, sellers, partner companies, dealer outlets … However, these jobs were being done manually, arising a few issues such as:
+ Difficulty in storing and managing data
+ No official data collection form
+ Personal information is not ensured
Therefore, our customer wanted to upgrade the system to digitize a part of the workload and solve the above problems.
– CO-WELL built a system that provides an information input interface for different groups of people, at the same time stores and processes information corresponding to each target group. This would help users to manage data more quickly, systematically and consistently, while ensuring the confidentiality of personal information, saving time and effort.
– CO-WELL built a system to synchronize data with the existing one. Users only need to use one system, which would be easier to manage.
A large number of medical devices made the control of sterilization and storage a big challenge for hospitals in general and equipment management department in particular.
– CO-WELL built software associated with bar code scanning devices to manage devices information through bar codes. The main functions include:
+ Store device preliminary information and allocate bar codes
+ Manage equipment usage (departments borrow-return status)
+ Manage equipment sterilization process
+ Automatically generate reports on the number of equipment in stock, which one has been sterilized and which needs to be sterilized
– The number of products, components, and devices that the customer had was too large so they needed a system to manage product information effectively, quickly, saving time and effort.
– The customer already bought an RFID code scanning equipment to manage goods and warehouses more efficiently and conveniently. However, its built-in software did not meet their needs as it does not provide the required information and detailed data about the product, as well as the history of codes scanned…
– A barcode and QR code reader software that helps to collect, manage and process information automatically and quickly
– Customized embedded software for customers to use on existing devices
– A data library for tags reading devices to read all types of product
– An app to read data on different operating systems
The client company had many utilities that need to be managed, each of which includes different types of data (text, numbers, …), so they needed a management system that works anywhere even without internet.
CO-WELL built a system that can:
– Manage devices status
– Input and check data directly on the device
– Manage documents related to equipment
– Automatically create assessments based on raw data
– Build a mobile app to store data temporarily in areas without internet. The software will then automatically update the data to the cloud when the device is connected to the internet
The management of supplies for vehicles (gasoline, drinks for renters) and vehicle coordination was being done manually, making the information inaccurate and unclear, therefore our customer needed a system to help solve this problem.
CO-WELL built an internal web system to help manage information about: vehicles, supplies, warehousing, labor. The vehicle management board, upon receiving a car request from a customer, can rely on the information on the system to coordinate the vehicle and the driver and enter the information related to the material (the amount of gasoline to be dumped, number of water bottles to be collected) into the system.
The customer needed:
– A customers management system that uses information about business customers to take better care of them.
– An advertising quotation system for service buyers.
– A customers management web system that collects information through surveys, the data collected will be categorized and used for customers service, promotions, products launch… in order to reach the right audience.
– An advertising price management system was built to help accelerate the transaction process with advertisers
Not only domestically developing, but the company was also reaching out to some other foreign markets like Thailand and New Zealand, which requires vehicle ordering or checking to be strictly controlled. Therefore, they needed a system to manage the import and sale of vehicles abroad, solving the problem of geographical distance.
Developed a system in accordance with different business forms and requirements in new markets, and built an AWS infrastructure system in just 6 months featuring the following functions:
– Vehicle sales management: Information on importing – selling cars, profit information, …
– Logistic management: Allows related departments to check the status of vehicles (import status, storage, repair, maintenance …)
– Management of vehicle sources: The models of cars are constantly updated on Cloud to help distributors to monitor and order easily.
– Booking management: Helping employees manage customer appointments
To make ordering more convenient and time-saving for customers, as well as ensuring orders accuracy for kitchen team and cashiers, our customer wanted to build a food ordering app for their fast-food lines. Users can use the app installed on their phones to order at all fast-food lines when they come to the stores and then just wait for their food to be served. Restaurants can also benefit from the use of this app as the human resource needed for a restaurant would not be too large.
Queuing at restaurants often causes many inconveniences to customers because it usually takes them hours to wait without being able to do anything else. The restaurant also needs personnel to arrange seats to meet the guests’ requirements. Therefore, the client needed a reservation system to help solve the problem of bookings at their restaurants.
Developed a reservation system with 2 forms: at the store (via touch screen) and through the website. Customers can book a table by providing information about the number of guests, seat type, smoking/non-smoking table and contact information, the system will then automatically record the above information and send notice to the customer when there is an available seat that meets the guests’ requirements.
Worked directly with the data manager to give the appropriate blueprint, then built a website that specializes in cars repair and maintenance appointments booking with these following functions:
As the customer’s factory has many different production lines, in which many workers work together, their working time directly affects the calculation of product prices. Therefore, tracking the exact working time was of great importance so they needed a system that automatically performs this task accurately and efficiently.
After conducting consultancy, design and system flow verification, CO-WELL Asia developed a system that tracks the exact working time of each employee on a variety of different production lines to increase labor productivity. This system consists of:
1. Front-end: Designed for Android tablets. This component provides full control over the work time and man-hour on each production line.
2. Back-end: This component integrates the information of production and information of workers, then combines information of man-hour to export reports and statistical results of production.
The old system comprised of more than 140 APIs had been running for 5-7 years. According to customer feedback, its performance was really poor. This system included many functions such as Customer login, Customer Information Management, Selected type of cabinet, Storage time, Input – output information, Payment
– Migrated the system from Cake PHP to the latest version of Laravel while ensuring the new system would operate well with the old data.
– Optimized the system to shorten response time, ensuring the system is not lagged or blocked when users send many requests at the same time
In customer’s company, HR department has been implementing a reward and recognition program. In detail, every 6 months, HRD will evaluate employees’s work results and hand out paper coins which can be converted into money as a reward for employees. The better the work result, the more coins employees receive. However, the program is still implemented manually, and the coin counting process takes a lot of time and effort. Therefore, customer wants to develop an online system for better and more convenient coin management.
– Consulted, designed and developed a mobile app for employees to check the current number of coins, give coins to colleagues as gifts and check history of coin accumulation and usage
– Developed an administration page for human resources department (frontend, backend) to: manage the number of coins of each employee, Give coins to employees – Moved data to the cloud (AwS)
Our customer has internal training course for their staff frequently. However, they have to print all documents on paper while the number of employees is very huge, leading to wasteful and difficult document updating. Therefore, they need a digital solution to help manage documents more conveniently and easily.
– Developed a system that converts manual management into online management with HTML files.
– Built system with all database saved on AWS.
– The Administrators can manage, edit documents, decentralize access easily with the backend system while learners can view and take note directly into the documents.
The customer runs an enormous organization including all taxi companies in Japan, therefore they require high-level management The current system is old-fashioned, it has only storing function, rather than tracking and managing important information such as: status of contracts with suppliers, customer service, drivers ID, passengers, advertisements,… Therefore, they want to build a new managing system and need to migrate some sorts of information from the current to this one
– Built a new managing system using Salesforce service cloud, which can track accurately, update information about contracts, the progress and status of accessing customers’ issues. Besides, the system helps improving customer service such by automated chatbot
– Synchronized datas from the current system to the new one using Java
The customer’s existing Lotus Notes data management system was no longer supported by IBM. The lack of support and high cost of Lotus Notes led to the customer’s decision to migrate from Lotus Notes to a new SharePoint platform
After gaining a clear understanding of the customer’s needs, CO-WELL Asia
Customer have 4 apps with data stored on Notes – an old platform with a high maintenance cost. Therefore, they need to migrate from Note into SharePoint, using their self-developed migration tools. However, due to the lack of manpower and the lack of knowledge about Office 365, they need a team to help them demo the apps after migration and test their 2 migration tools.
– With our SharePoint team who have experience with Notes, CO-WELL team has developed 4 prototypes for 4 applications using PowerApps and Flows, helping customers understand Office 365, visualize the product after migration and reduce risks when conducting a formal migrate.
– Tested customer’s 2 data migration tools, and gave solutions to improve the tools.