1. What is Enterprise eCommerce?
An enterprise eCommerce platform is a software system that can and must achieve the goals and the needs of the user, meet the requirements of a large business no matter how complex they are, and it can also be used to determine a business size and growth. After all, when it comes to the brand of your business, you can’t afford to make any mistakes like data breaches, malfunctioning websites, or awful quality of services. That’s why having a good enterprise-level eCommerce platform – usually with advanced technology and features added in – is absolutely essential.
2. Choosing the right eCommerce platform
When it comes to making the decision to choose a eCommerce platform, you may want to consult some experts in the technology fields, gather their feedback then make your own list of requirements and objectives. Some factors you need to consider :
- Main business goals : whether it’s reducing costs, increasing profits, better website interface, competition with other businesses, third-party solutions…. you should know where you want to go with your chosen eCommerce platform.
- Identifying problems : as an enterprise business, you’ll definitely want to avoid restrictions like unreliable platforms, unexpected costs, security issues, or too much reliance on your hosting company for server and website performance.
- Features and functionality : besides the already existing eCommerce features like payment gateways, page building or catalog requirements, social media marketing… you can choose to make some optimizations to improve the customer experience and your website’s aesthetics, because sometimes a small adjustment can make a huge difference.
- System integrations : your platform has to be able to integrate effectively with the other key systems of your business. Also when finding the next platform for your future strategy plan, you should take into account the flexibility, adaptability, and extensibility of your platform as it grows with your business. Also when new features and technologies become the modern standards, make sure your new platform can support them.
For an enterprise eCommerce website to perform really well, you’ll need to keep the customers happy, the websites available and stable, and services like payments and shipping up and running. Some other few things you may want to consider when choosing the right eCommerce platform :
- Website performance : if your site doesn’t work consistently or has very slow loading speed, then customers just aren’t appealed to visiting your website at all. You should also worry about the traffic handling capability of your site.
- Data security : protecting your customers’ data is a must. Choose a platform that you can feel safe about how the payments and data are managed, because a single data bleach can cost your company a lot.
- Mobile optimization : focusing on optimizing the mobile experience can prove beneficial, since more and more customers are choosing to make their purchases on these mediums.