6 STEPS OF APP DEVELOPMENT PROCESS
According to Statista, 6,140 applications are released every day, and research shows that global mobile app revenue forecasts for 2020 are a whopping $ 189 billion through app stores and in-app advertising. Therefore, attracting customers through applications is one of the main concerns of businesses. In addition, the explosion of the Internet has made major changes in our lives. In order to adapt and develop products to make people needs, the following six basic steps will assist you in the app development process.
Step 1: Ideation
Although many ideas come up, not all of them meet the needs of the customer or solve the problem. An application will succeed only when the idea of it actually solves the problem of the customer, leading them to download and use them. Therefore, the idea must be feasible. The practicality of the idea can be determined by conducting market research, performing competitor analysis, and setting well-defined goals and objectives in a timeline.
After establishing the feasibility of the idea, the next step is to chalk out a timeline and the specific goals you wish to achieve against the milestones. Your objectives could include sorting out your budget and scope, coming up with a USP, defining the specific features that your app requires, figuring out how the recent trends of Machine Learning and AR/VR can be used for your app and its promotions, launch date of the app, and so on. This will be a lot clearer when you see the next app development process steps.
Step 2: Design
Once you have a goal, the features and costs of the application over certain time points, the conceptualization and visualization of the application’s functions and the user interface should begin. be done. Some considerations when building applications to enhance user experience are:
- Display the exact layout of every screen in the application and put every element, including banners, buttons and icons, in the correct position.
- There is always a single user interface as long as you pay attention to ensuring that the user experience is not compromised.
- The screen of your application must always fit its primary goal. Your users will not feel lost while using your application.
- Experiment with your screen layout. See if changing the size of a button, or the position of an icon makes it better aesthetically and functional.
Step 3: Development
While a lot of developers prefer building the app from the ground up all by themselves, there are still mobile app development platforms like Shopgate and GoodBarber that can be used to build a fully functional prototype, to begin with. This is the point where you start setting up developer accounts on app stores where you plan on releasing the app. However, before that, the mobile app development process further consists of multiple phases, as follows:
- The Alpha Phase is the phase wherein just the core functionality of the app is developed, but it isn’t tested. At this stage, the app can barely function. It also has bugs and glitches that need fixing.
- The Beta Phase involves incorporating all the major features and functions of the app. Therefore the app is made to go through a round of light testing. Even though most of the bugs are fixed, a few remain..
- The Release Phase is the final phase that comes after every bug has been identified and fixed after several rounds of testing, and the app can be finally released to the audience.
Step 4: Testing
Even if your application works well without any problems, it is essential to check continuously to make sure that no errors occur during customer use. When you spot flaws in process, it will save more money than when you bring the application to the user. Or during more intensive development as well. Several different tests for the product include:
- Functional check
- Usability testing
- Performance testing
- Fit and End Testing
- Device-specific testing
Step 5: Launch
The most important thing in application development is having a good start. Which will help prove that the money and effort you invest in it is right. To do that, here are some steps you should follow:
- Pay much attention to the presentation of your application – keywords, description, name of the application, etc. to highlight the application
- Get your app website to rank high in search results.
- Monopoly is another element that you can play to ensure the success of your launch. Invite selected people to use the app before launch as beta users and constantly engage them with high quality content. Slowly you can get a high initial download count after you launch.
- Implementing Promotions programs which have to be paid on Google, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and other social media platforms
- Find out who have influences can use your app and link to them to access their follower base.
Step 6: Post-Launch
A successful launch does not imply that your app will see success on the whole. Post-launch monitoring, analytics, constantly updating the app for fixing bugs and crashes, social media listening, checking reviews and responding to them. All of these are important steps that follow through after the launch of an app